Program & Facility
At Temescal Tots Infant Toddler Program, we believe that during early childhood children learn most effectively while playing in a nurturing environment with a variety of stimulating activities. Children develop the necessary cognitive, social/emotional and physical skills as a result of many positive interactive experiences with children and adults. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, or creed.
We aim to provide our children with a safe, nurturing, and fun play/learning environment. We are committed to providing the best care possible for the families we serve. We strive to provide an environment that fosters curiosity and enthusiasm for learning, positive self-esteem and self-expression through independent play and teacher directed activities.
Our schedule is used as a guide to structure our day and to prepare the children for pre-school, however, it is individualized to meet each child’s needs and the temperament of the group. For example, if the children are very active we go outdoors earlier than anticipated and have our story time/ circle time afterward, etc….
- 8:00am – Arrival/Free Play
- 9:00am – Morning snack
- 9:30am to 10:00am – Small group activities
- 10:00am to 11:40am – Outdoor activities, Art, Story time, Circle time, Music & Movement
- 11:40am to 12pm – Preparing for lunch
- 12:00pm to 12:40pm – Lunch
- 12:40pm to 1:00pm – Rest/Quiet time
- 1:00pm to 3:40pm – Nap time
- 4:00pm to 4:30pm – Afternoon snack
- 4:45pm to 5:45pm – Free play, Quiet activities, Story time, Indoor/Outdoor play
- 6:00pm – Deadline for Pick Up
Child Drop Off: 8:00am - 9:00am
Child Pickup: 5:00pm - 6:00pm